My own version of healthy pasta salad! This recipe is packed with my favorite anti-oxidants and sweet tangy Italian sauce
Pasta Salad (Yields 3 serving)
Pasta shells – 200 grams
Salt – half tbsp
Olive oil – 1 tsp
Water – 5 cups
Red Capsicum – 1
Japanese Cucumber – 1
Whole Kernel Corn – Half cup
Picnic Ham – 150 grams
Italian salad sauce – half cup
1. Add salt and olive oil into boiling water. Pour in pasta shells and cook for 13 minutes or until al dente.
2. Remove seeds from capsicums and cucumber and dice them together with picnic ham. Set aside.
3. After pasta shells are done, remove from heat and drain water. Make sure all water is removed, else use a salad spinner to get rid of excess water.
4. Add pasta, capsicum, cucumber, ham and corn together. Toss til combined and chill for at least half an hour.
5. Add Italian sauce only when ready to serve or it will turn soggy!