March 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
My Yakkaloud Cloudadvertising amazing Animals & cute critters beauty bento body art captivity celebrity chinese creative crisis cruelty cute dark design dolphins earth earth hour exploration fashion feature film Food friendship funny games gay geek growing up happiness harry potter hate healthy home hope humanity hygiene illustration insomnia inspiration jokes korean lgbt life loneliness love movies Music music video nature pain peace photography photo manipulation photoshopped poetry politics pollution quotes reality relationship religion ruins sad spelling spoof spooky stop motion time true blood TV twilight twilight saga typography vampire work
Tag Archives: geek
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated “if GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has,we would all be driving $2500.00 cars that got 100 miles to the gallon.”
In response to Bill’s comments, General Motors issued a press release stating: If GM had eveloped technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
- For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
- Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
- Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
- Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
- Only one person at a time could use the car unless you bought “CarNT”, but then you would have to buy more seats.
- Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive – but would only run on five percent of the roads.
- The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single “General Protection Fault” warning light.
- New seats would force everyone to have the same sized butt.
- The airbag system would ask “are you sure?” before deploying.
- Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
- GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (Now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the cars performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Dept.
- Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
- You’d have to press the “Start” button to turn the engine off.
Original source here
Hadouken! Gosh, that’s like the phrase of my secondary school days…
This guy can even remember the keys to launch the attack. Respect.
Someday, I will have a tattoo like that too!
But until such time, I will settle for admiring 3rd party geek tattoos 🙂